Sunday, June 05, 2011

Joshua and Owen's Kitchen Kung Fu: Hawaiian O-Nuts

 It's the return of summer Sunday blogs when my sons design their own recipes and bake them.  They decided to call their blogs Kitchen Kung Fu this summer. We (mostly them) made pineapple baked doughnuts this morning and put a chocolate glaze and coconut on some of them. The boys liked the chocolate and coconut on them, I liked just coconut, and my husband liked just chocolate on them. We all felt the plain ones were missing something. The chocolate is just melted semi-sweet chips. Here's our recipe:

Hawaiian O-Nuts
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/8 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
1 tablespoon melted butter
3/4 cup well drained crushed pineapple
1 tsp. vanilla
Bake at 325F for 10 minutes, until they spring back when touched.

4 comments:

Patti T. said...

I am pretty new to reading your blog, I just wanted to let you know that I have been enjoying it so much.

Amy said...

Thanks so much. Let me know if there is a vintage food or craft you'd like to see!

Linda Glaz said...

Hilarious! And yummy sounding!

Blackberry said...

These sound delicious!